Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Virtual Interest Group Discussion-Clinical Practice Guidelines

I am in clinic this Thursday so will most likely not be able to participate in the live chat session.

A few thoughts around the four questions that were posed in relation to Clinical Practice Guidelines:

1. I would most likely consult two main sources. The first source is the governing body of my profession here in Alberta. The next source would be AHS internal resources. This would include consultation with collegues. After that I would consult research journals or databases. I am less likely to rely on free internet searches for this type of inquiry.

2. The specific resource would most likely depend on the need - how quickly do I need to gather this information?

3. By consulting with CRDHA and AHS internal resources first I would be ensuring that the information I am gathering is consistent with governing policies and guidelines of my profession as well as the organization I work for.

4. Remaining current on issues related to Clinical Practice Guidelines is a priority for me and forms a cornerstone to my professional practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment